Sunday, January 13, 2008

Getting in Early at Webware

"Webware: Cool Web 2.0 Apps for Everyone" is a site that I've been checking recently -- a few cool articles I've seen, and announcements of new products in limited release with a leg up on getting in early. Take a look...

Hands-on
Profy attempts a more social, and utilitarian blogging platform
By Josh Lowensohn – January 11, 2008, 4:17 PM PST

...I'm always eager to get my hands on new publishing tools. We've got our own in-house blogging tool at CNET, but on the side I like to stay well versed in various other platforms both big and small. A new one from Profy.com (whose blog is actually a competitor of ours) launched on Wednesday and has been garnering some buzz from some of the other blogs. I thought I'd give it spin and see if the hype is well deserved.
The site is currently in private alpha with no timeline on when it'll be open to the general public. For now, they're offering Webware readers 100 invites to get their own blogs going. To get yours, go to this page and enter "Webware" in the description box.


How-to
Photophlow puts a fresh face on Flickr
By Stephen Shankland – January 11, 2008, 4:00 AM PST
For a Web 2.0 powerhouse, Flickr feels awfully Web 1.0. At least that was my conclusion after spending a few hours in the chat rooms of Photophlow, a start-up that grafts a highly interactive experience on top of Yahoo's photo-sharing Web site.
...

The site is invitation-only right now so that Oortle, the start-up behind Photophlow, can keep up with growth. I have a few invitations for the first Flickr users who e-mail me a request, but you also can request an invitation at the site, which is how I got in.



Housekeeping
We've got Xobni invites again
By Josh Lowensohn – January 10, 2008, 4:22 PM PST

Xobni, the Microsoft Outlook do-it-all analyzer opened up to "several thousand" more new users yesterday. Its creators aren't unleashing the plug-in to the masses until "early spring" so they can scale up their software, but we've got 50 invites that have been made available for Webware readers. Just like last time, go to the beta signup page and enter the invitation code, "Webware.
"

No comments: